Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Bradyisms

- He has named us all certain machines and refers to us as such. Daddy is the cement mixer, Mama is the bulldozer, Brady is the monster truck, Walker is the excavator, and Willa is the front-end loader. Any time he sees an excavator, for example, he'll say "There's Walker! He's loading dirt into Poppy!" (Poppy is the dump truck). Or "Look at Emi! She's blue!" (Emi is the crane). He always points out Grumps and Nana (the firetruck and ambulance). Sometimes he'll just refer to the people as their machines, like he'll come up to me and say "Hey bulldozer!" or referring to Walker, "Look at that sweet little excavator."

- The other day he and Walker were playing outside and I heard a bunch of clanging and crashing, so I went out to find them throwing this old ceramic rabbit that I've had since my first college home. I told Brady we need to pick it up and throw it away and as he was picking up all the pieces he muttered under his breath, "WHY did the Monster Truck do this? Why??"

- He sat by me when I was painting my toenails the other day (he likes to pick out the color for me), and said "I used to paint my toenails when I was a girl."

- He has been coming down to our bed around 3am each morning for the last several weeks. For obvious reasons, we are trying to cut this out! We are tired and he needs a full night of sleep, too! I asked him earlier tonight why he comes down so early and he said "Because I needed to see my Mama so, so bad."

- We were having a conversation about something and he just randomly said "I want a thither (sister), maybe you can ask God to give us a thither."

- Loves popcorn, especially the kind that pops in the microwave. He says "I want some pumping (popping) popcorn. Is it gonna pump? Is it pumping?"

- Is obsessed with all things 'left'. He wants to be on the left side always, wants only things that are on the left side, etc. The other day I was making a pallet for Brady and Walker and Brady said, "Is this one left? Okay. Walker can get on the right side cuz he likes right stuff. And I like left stuff."

- His school did a toy drive where each kid fills a shoebox with toys and fun things then wraps it up to give to a less fortunate child for Christmas. Brady and I were talking about why we do this and I said it's good to share our things with other people, because that's what Jesus wants us to do. He said "Well I want Jesus to share with me too!"

- He got some cooking utensils for Christmas and said "I'm going to cook outside with my friend Daddy. And I'll tell Daddy don't touch the grill. I'll tell him that when he gets my age."

- Sings Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer ALL THE TIME!! He will say "Ok Mama I'm gonna start Rudolph and you sing it with me". And every time we get to "Won't you guide my sleigh tonight" he will say "Won't you got my sleg tonight", then say "Wait, what'd you say Mama? Sleg? Schleg? Shlayg?"

1 comment: