Monday, August 29, 2016

Walker - 8 months

Our Walker is 8 months old! Oh how I loooove this age. I am just smitten with him. Everything he does is adorable (except his screams, which are louder and screech-ier than any I've heard before).

- Walker weighs 23 pounds. He is in size 4 diapers and size 12-18 month clothes.

- He got another tooth this month, which brings the count up to 7: 3 on bottom and 4 on top. And the boy can BITE!

- We started supplementing with formula this month. My supply has been really up and down and despite doing everything I can to keep it going (lactation cookies, boat loads of water, high protein diet, fenugreek, mother's milk tea, blessed thistle, etc.), there are still days when I'm next to empty. I am nursing him in the morning and a couple times throughout the day, but he is getting a bottle at night. This was hard for me at first because I expected my breastfeeding journey with Walker to be similar to what it was with Brady, but we are both much happier and less stressed and I think there's something to be said for that!

- Walker absolutely loves eating solids. His current favorites are strawberries, blueberries, and cubed chicken. He also likes cheese, eggs, green beans, and pretty much anything else we give him. He would sit in his high chair and eat for hours if we'd let him! It is adorable watching him feed himself with his cute little fingers.

- He learned to crawl this month (8/20), and a few days later started going from the crawling to sitting position. I love how determined he is to get places now that he can crawl. He is learning so much, so fast!


- One of his cuter tricks this month is this:
When he's sitting down, if I say 'Yaaaay Walker!!' he will hold up his arms like a champion. Swoon!

-He and Willa are becoming big buddies now that Walker is a major source of snacks for Willa throughout the day.


- I think he is starting to look a little more 'Mills'... I haven't really seen it until this month. He looks a lot like me as a baby in this picture:

I think Walker has changed the most this month. He is learning new things every day and is changing constantly. I just love this age!



1 comment:

  1. So very adorable and cute! Ya'll are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete