Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Brady's first day of MDO

Today was Brady's first day of Mother's Day Out at our church. We have been so excited for him to start this program since we enrolled back in March. We've been really talking it up to him and by the time we were actually getting ready for school this morning he could hardly contain his excitement! He will be going a couple days a week for a few hours each day. This will be so good for both of us.

Of course I took the obligatory 'First Day' photos this morning before we left. He was hammin' it up for the camera and held his backpack so proudly over his shoulders and his lunchbox at just the right angle by his side. He made me laugh so much during this little photo sesh.




Cutting those little eyes up at me. One of my favorite looks!

We got to school a few minutes early and the classroom wasn't ready yet so we found the church gym and played in there for a little while. Brady is so comfortable anywhere and makes himself at home pretty much wherever he is. I love this about him and find that his carefree attitude is a little contagious! :)

He wouldn't put that backpack down!


After a few minutes in the gym he led me to his class:

Then basically said 'see ya, mom' and went on about his day! I stole a kiss goodbye and left him there with his new friends and teachers. When I picked him up this afternoon he smiled real big when he saw me then went back to playing at this little kitchen area. The teachers said he did great and had a fun day, and that he didn't get sad at all. They even managed to get all the kiddos to take a nap on their little floor mats. Can you believe?!  

We are excited to go back next week! Here's a fun little video from this morning:


3 comments:

  1. Big, independent boy! I love his cow backpack and lunchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite nephew!!! I'm so glad ya'll enjoyed the first day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh mannnnn - this is too cute for words!!!!!

    ReplyDelete