Saturday, July 5, 2014

Love

I stayed up rocking Brady long after he fell asleep tonight... stared at his sweet face - his perfect lips and eyelashes and nose, his hand resting on my shoulder and his sweet breaths in and out. It hit me, as it has a hundred times before - he loves me and needs me more than anyone else at this point in his life, and I love and need him just the same. I know it will not always be this way, but for now I'm soaking it up. It is a love unlike anything I could have imagined. Sometimes it washes over me and completely consumes me. I love being his mama.

4 comments:

  1. Brady is a very lucky and blessed little boy to have you as his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! This is so sweet and so true. Ya'll are so blessed to have each other! I feel the exact same way about Eli....I well up with tears more often than I will admit. It's just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and sweet! There is nothing more special than that mother/baby love, and we are so thankful that Brady has you for his Mama!

    ReplyDelete