Thursday, June 30, 2016

Walker's 6 month checkup

Walker weighed in today at 20 pounds, 10 ounces and a little under 28 inches long. His percentiles are all in the 90%'s which is no surprise given that he is an incredibly chunky little thing.

The doctor visit went well. We talked a lot about starting Walker on solids and how much breastmilk he will require as we make the transition. I have had supply issues the last couple weeks and I've been concerned that I won't be able to make it a year like I did with Brady, but Dr. Pielop said once Walker starts getting a significant amount of real food, he can have as little as 7 ounces of milk and as much as 24 ounces and still be well nourished. I feel encouraged after talking to the doctor and will continue to work on getting my supply back up. He said we have a perfect baby!



Brady got to come with us and had a big ol' time playing peekaboo with the nurses outside our room. 






No comments:

Post a Comment